King Ranch Chicken

My friend emailed me this recipe to share on here. It sounds really good. I will have to try it out!

Ingredients:
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked, and either chunked or shredded.
1 can of either cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or cream of celery soup ( I use cream of celery, I don't like the mushoom taste, and the chicken gives it too much of the same taste)
1 can of enchilada sauce ( I use mild cuz the kids)
1 regular size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 bag of shredded mozzerella cheese. ( I use a medium size bag, or you can get 2 small bags)

Directions:
Cook the chicken, I usually grill it on a little grill, makes it a little bit healthier. Then you need to shred it or cut it into chunks.
Mix together the enchilada sauce and the cream soup in a bowl. Then mix the chicken in with it as well.
Take a 11x13 cassarole dish. spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In the doritos bag, crush the chips up, just a little, you don't want them to be crumbs.
Start of with a layer of chips on the bottom of the pan, then do the chicken and sauce mixture. Then a layer of cheese. There should be enough for 3 layers. You can add more or less cheese depending on how cheesey you like it. The very top layer should be cheese. Cover with foil and back at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, check on it, the last 5 minutes bake with foil off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews