Pork and Beans Casserole

I ran across this recipe while I was looking for some dinners for cheap. I had wanted to make something like this at one time. I would add a few extra ingredients for taste. I would add some seasoned salt, chopped garlic and onions to the ground beef. I would also most likely put the biscuits on the bottom of a greased casserole dish. With cheese on top of meat and bean mixture. If anyone can think of anything else to add, please comment.

Servings: 6

1 pound ground beef
1 can (16 ounce size) pork and beans
1/2 cup barbecue sauce of your choice, to taste
1 can (12 ounce size) refrigerated biscuit dough (Grands, etc.)
3/4 cup cheddar cheese or cheddar/jack cheese

Directions:
Cook and drain ground beef; add pork and beans and barbecue sauce; cook until heated through. Put mixture in a 3-quart casserole dish wide enough to hold biscuits. Top with biscuits.
Bake at 350 degrees F until biscuits start to brown. Add cheese on top. Cook until all the cheese is melted, approximately 20 minutes total.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews