Crockpot Beans and Bacon

Ingredients:
1 lb dry pinto beans
1 lb bacon
seasoning salt
garlic powder
chopped onions

Serves: 4

Directions:
Sort and soak beans in plenty of cold water overnight. After soaking, drain and rinse beans. Place in crock pot with 2 cups water and about one tablespoon or so of each, seasoning salt and garlic powder. Layer the raw bacon on top of the beans. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours. Top with chopped onions on individual servings.

**This is how I have been making pinto beans lately. It is really good. Even my picky son likes this. I usually serve this with corn bread or biscuits. It is just enough for my family of four. Made a double batch the last time I made this and had a lot of leftovers. Enough to even make a chili with afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews