Sunshine Chicken


Ingredients:

3 pounds chicken thighs
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 pinch garlic powder

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Rinse the chicken pieces and place them, single layer and skin side up, in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Mix the soy sauce, ketchup, corn syrup and garlic powder in a small bowl. Baste the chicken with the sauce, reserving some sauce for basting during baking. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven, basting approximately every 15 minutes, for 1 hour (or until chicken is done and juices run clear).
Servings 6-8.

**I have made this recipe twice so far. My son who is a very picky eater loves this. You don't have to use chicken thighs but thighs seem to be the cheapest cuts of chicken. The second time I made it, I didn't have enough ketchup so used half ketchup and half barbecue sauce. I think it was actually better the second time around. I highly recommend this recipe! You could make this with white rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews