Tuna Cakes


Ingredients:
2 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) tuna in water - undrained
1 sleeve saltine crackers- crushed
2 egg whites or 1 egg
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons each finely diced red, yellow and green pepper

Serves: 4

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
Place crushed saltines in a bowl and add tuna with water, egg whites, soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix until well blended.
Add peppers and stir until well distributed.
Form mixture into 8 evenly sized patties and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes and turn over. Bake for another 8 minutes.

**You can also fry these. I've made these twice now and they are really good. I changed up the ingredients though and it turned out great. I have a family of 4 but we eat more food for dinner than recipes that usually serve 4 people do, so I end up having to double a lot of recipes. I doubled everything but the saltine crackers.  I used onions instead of the peppers. And I drained all the tuna and only added about 1/4 cup of the tuna water to the mixture. Any more than that and it would not have stuck together as well. I baked them at 12 minutes per side instead. They turned out really good and not too fishy either. I still made 8 patties so they were pretty thick. As for a side, I made macaroni salad and frozen mixed vegetables. Kids had no complaints and ate it all. My boyfriend complimented on how well they tasted. Definitely a keeper. If you can think of anything better to add or have a recipe of your own, please comment below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews